Frame Dents

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Frame Dents
From: Tomsimkins@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 19:36:04 EDT
Listers,

I'm pulling out the dents made from jacking from the bottom of the frame. I'm
using the "weld stud / span with brace spaced apart from surface ...."
technique described some time ago by Randy Dickson. This does a good job of
getting
the dents close to flat, but, how do you finish each spot? Since you can't
access the other side, that leaves out a dolly. Is there a way to get it so
that
the dent is completey gone? Is leading suggested? Am I being too anal - does
everyone just live with the smaller dents?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Tom

Check out the new British Cars Forum: