Re: Bummer... Delaminated Crankshaft Pulley Damper

To: Scott Willis <ahpowered@hotmail.com>, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bummer... Delaminated Crankshaft Pulley Damper
From: Blue One Hundred <international_investor@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 19:36:17 -0700 (PDT)
Scott -

Your options are plenty.  Used harmonic balancers for
your BN7 are plentiful and cheap.  You can try
tricarb@aol.com (Bill Bolton) I'm sure he has a pile
of them sitting around.  He can probably sell you a
good one for not too much.

Your other option is to find someone in your town or
city that specializes in rebuilding harmonic dampers.
This type of repair is usually around $100 or so.  Ask
around to the local machine shops, they may have a
suggestion.

If I recall, on the earlier 6-cyl dampers, the damper
itself was attached to the pulley with six bolts.  If
I'm not mistaken you can simply unbolt these six bolts
(and the crank dognut & locktab washer) and remove the
damper from the pulley.  I don't think you have to
remove the motor to do this.

Regards,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8