Re: Powdercoat Wire Wheels?

To: "Richard Bittmann" <edmyed@harbornet.com>,
Subject: Re: Powdercoat Wire Wheels?
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 18:14:10 -0400
I don't know about the powder coat and whether you can get a good color match
with the original medium silver or not. You probably can. I had to buy new
wheels, so that was answered for me. I mixed my own silver to match for the
rear brake drums, and then shot them with clearcoat....and they look correct,
but clean up with a squirt of a hose...

On the other components though, the splined hubs are zinc plated, the rotors
are unpainted, though  I masked mine and painted the edges heat-proof silver
to retard rust on the edges.-Some people paint the center of the rotor, and
the ones I have seen were black,. I'm pretty sure the rear hub (that the
splined hub bolts to) is black. The drum brake mounting plate is black, and
the rear axle is black, -as is the drive shaft from the flange on the OD, to
the differential.

David W. Jones
'62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
Cumberland, RI USA