RE: Wheels

To: <Simonlachlan@aol.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Wheels
From: "Alan Bromfield" <alan.bromfield@virgin.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 11:14:48 +0100
Hi Simon
I'm not sure if this is about to display my ignorance too - but hey, it'll
spark a discussion if I'm off target.

The rim width is measured internally across the area where the beads will
seat.  Externally the dimension will be the rim-width + double the steel
thickness. This external dimension is tricky to measure (through the
spokes). You can get to the steel thickness with the tyre still fitted by
measuring the lip that wheel weights clip to.

The rim size is often stamped on the inside of the rim - on the flat bit
behind the spokes (the 'Well').

I also made the jump to Chrome wheels.  Lovely jewellery! The guys in the
club warned me however that everyone makes that 'mistake' - just once.  The
cleaning gets you in the end apparently.  We'll see.  I love 'em.

Got mine from
http://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/

15x5" with Michelins fitted and balanced. Shipped 200 miles and STILL the
best price and best service by FAR.  Talk to them - you'll be impressed.

Regards.............AlanB
http://www.nfahc.co.uk