should I undercoat my ---

To: list <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: should I undercoat my ---
From: Bill Pollock <wjpollock@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 10:19:12 -0400
I used painter thinner to take mine off.  Tried a number of things and
found thinner worked best with the least amount of flumes and combustion
 ability.    Had to soaked the coating ahead of while I was working and
the thinner softens the stuff.  In places where it wasn't applied too
heavy I found that rubbing with a thinner soaked rug took it off,but
heavy places had to be scraped and than rubbed.    Use rubber gloves and
eye protection if you are laying under the car..
Also kept a fan blowing under the car while I was working  to keep the
flumes to a min.   Not a job I would want to do again.

Bill Pollock

Check out the new British Cars Forum: