Cold air box

To: "healey list" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cold air box
From: "Keith Pennell" <pennell@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 00:52:40 -0400
Guys,

Have been having BIG problems sending the pix so I will try to send one pix at
at time.  Here is the cold air box.  The fresh air supply pix will come next.
Sorry for the delay

> Guys,
>
> Here are two pix.  The cold air box is welded up Al with a divider to
> separate air flow to the front and rear carbs.  Outside measures are 3 and
> 1/8 square in order that the 4 inch hose can be bent to fit snugly over
its
> end.  Length is not imp but I believe it was around 13.
>
> The Y can be seen in the fresh air supply.  The holes to accomodate the
> righthand drive clutch and brake cylinders was enlarged to about 4 inches
> (cover plate removed first) and the duct flange moved over from the
lefthand
> side.  Also, a double 2 inch outlet flange was made for the inside of the
> firewall for two 2 inch flex tubes.  One can be aimed at the driver's
feet,
> legs or crotch while the other can be aimed at the passenger.  Both flex
> hoses held up with interior matching vinyl straps with magnets inside so
> they will hold to the underside of the heater box and parcel tray.  Air to
> the cockpit is increased by several times - really!
>
> Let me know if Qs
> Keith

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
Patches cold air box.jpg]

Check out the new British Cars Forum: