Re:   V1 #1220

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:   V1 #1220
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 11:35:00 EDT
In a message dated 8/17/04 6:38:39 AM, owner-healeys-digest@autox.team.net
writes:

> So (and please understand, I'm not arguing, just "what-if-ing" you) if I
> bought a brand new Healey in the '60s, with dealer-installed undercoating,
> and put it in air-conditioned storage for 40 years before taking it to a
> concours event for judging, it'd get points deducted.
>
> Strikes me as unfair, but I understand that they do have to draw the line
> someplace.

Pursuring this theoretical, "If angels were to dance on the heads of pins,"
discussion, if you could prove via a copy of the original dealer bill of sale
that the car was originally bought with the undercoating, you would probably
be
given an exemption for a dealer accessory,   as is the standard policy
regarding unusual dealer-installed accessories. But since you don't have such
a car,
and we've never had this question arise regarding any specific car to be
inspected in Concours, the issue remains theoretical.

Cheers
Gary

Check out the new British Cars Forum: