Media blast, Body work, Paint & whatever

To: "<healeys@autox.team.net> <healeys@autox.team.net>"
Subject: Media blast, Body work, Paint & whatever
From: David Schweninger <quenty@ntelos.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 13:33:21 -0400
I'm restoring a BN7-ll. Can anyone give a lead on where to go to get
all the steel body stuff blasted and the alum parts stripped? I have
recently moved to central Virginia from L.A. I also need body work and
paint. Minor but I want it done right.
  I started on this car over 20 yrs. ago. However Making a living and
restoring an XKE got in the way. I have been out of the "Healey loop"
for Quite a while!
  I'm Slowly learning the shorthand you guys use, such as DW, Kilmartin,
Cape, and Etc. I've tried to find info about rear main seals, (on this
site) but some how I wind up with transmission seals. Is it better to
replace the whole adapter plate with  an aluminum one or just install a
Seal Kit. Moss or ?
  Also when I Purchased this car it had a louvered ho-- Bonnet. Is this
original? This Bonnet doesn't appear to have been repainted. It looks
pretty much like a 100M.
  Any help would really be appreciated.

Dave Schweninger
  BN7-ll AN5