locking in first

To: "Healeys" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: locking in first
From: "Ron Davies" <rdavies1@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 06:19:10 -0700
I dropped my car off today at the mechanic with all the notes from the list
on possible problems sticking in first.
He's going to remove the pin/plunger as per the tech at Dennis Welch's
instructions. Yes the same people that provide instructions to install it in
the first place.

Thanks to all those that suggested looking out for the pad that prevents the
rods from going too far forward letting the balls fly loose.  He really
doesn't think that is the problem since the hanging/locking is intermittent
and if the balls did come out it would lock permanently. That seems to make
a lot of sense to me. Before he puts it back together, he said he would take
a look anyway. Comments?
Thanks
Ron
67 BJ8