Followup: No click click from fuel pump?!

To: Austin Healey List <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Followup: No click click from fuel pump?!
From: Rohan Marr <rohanmarr@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 17:27:48 -0700
Hi All,

Firstly I have to thank everyone for their replies and thank you all
for exercising so much restraint! I for one would have called myself an
idiot. As you might imagine it was the most obvious response that was
the predominant and correct one which is basically: that is how the
fuel pump is supposed to work (stupid).

So what happened is since I could not start the car the fuel pump had
filled the floats and stopped - that is why it did not click anymore -
doh. So once I used my trickle charger set to 2 amps (yes it did take a
full day or more - but I understand that it is better for the battery
than doing a fast charge?) and I today had time to reinstall the
battery, voila ... not only does the fuel pump click but she started
like a champion after sitting for over 7 months.

Again thanks and I apologize for allowing my excitement of getting her
started again for interfering with my other brain functions.
You were all too kind.
Rohan

Rohan Marr
('56 Longbridge BN4-O/28579)