Re: Door trim kits

To: <ggilliam@usol.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Door trim kits
From: "Mick Vander Ploeg" <mvanderploeg@nc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 09:12:18 -0400
One major difference with the aluminum trim plates is the piece covering the
sill.  On the Longbridge cars, there's just one piece from the bottom of the
sill to the top of the door threshold.  On later cars, there's an additional
inner sill aluminum trim piece that covers the threshold area.

If you don't already know about it, the other big expense associated with
the door trim is associated with the door seals.  On the Longbridge car,
they're installed in metal channels which are then screwed over the top of
the aluminum trim plates.  The furflex strips are separate from the rubber
door seals, whereas on later cars, the furflex and the rubber door seals are
all one piece.

I believe that you can get away with a later passenger (right) door handle.
I'm not sure if that will affect the interior locking feature, but
externally you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.  The driver's (left)
side handle is the only one with an external locking mechanism.

Mick Vander Ploeg
Longbridge BN4 (April '57)