Re: Holes in wings

To: "linwood rose" <linwoodrose@mac.com>,
Subject: Re: Holes in wings
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 21:30:01 -0400
If you will note, looking at the spear for the left hand front wing/fender, it
is cast so that there is a gap between the bottom edge of the spear and the
body of the car. This feature, along with the holes in the wing/fender is
supposed to help to evacuate hot air from around the carburetors. (-at speed,
I'm assuming).  I don't know about you car, but neither the extra two holes or
the gap under the spear appear on my right front fender, where there are no
carbs...

David W. Jones
'62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
Cumberland, RI USA