Various Vendors: The good versus the bad and the ugly

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Various Vendors: The good versus the bad and the ugly
From: James Sailer <heliskier@direcway.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 09:44:13 -0600
Hi all...

Seems we all gripe about crappy service from vendors .. so I thought after
taking some nice drives lately and enjoying my car I would compliment a few
.. unsolicited and no financial interest:

MOSS .. several years ago (during the initial restoration work of my BJ8)
moss sent me some vent window rubber free to try out ... I had sent them a
note asking them if theirs were better than that of another big vendor ..
(the other vendor's I had used and after a year found fell apart) .. the
moss rubber is indeed better ...

Heritage did my interior .. superior ..  and I have a few niggling things
not quite right .. at which they say "send them back after the driving
season and we'll fix them.. and make sure to send a bill for shipping them
back to us .."  nice ..

The Nocks have provided me with numerous weird assitance (like my Smitty
speedo conversion) and other odd ball things in addition to normal stuff ..
including some mistakes ... which they have always made good on ... like
heritage 'not being the cheapest' they have accomodated me while I live in
auto-barren eastern idaho ...

18G Motorworks ..  Doug has bent me not only my standard stuff but an
extension for my clutch slave so my bleeding with a Smitty conversion is not
a contortionists nightmare... a remote bleed.... when it arrived the note
just said " if this works send me $10 .. if not don't worry" ... pleasant to
deal with a trusting soul ...

Mike Lempert .... although still waiting for my gears and looking into a
better wheel I get superb responsive replies ..

Mo-ma -  What can you say .. fast service to fix guages and upgrade the tach
for electronic ignition ....

Cape International ...  I added a few goodies to my BJ8 during restoration
.... tube shocks .. lowered the rear a tad bit ... added a bigger sway bar
.. and again .. although not the cheapest .. you get what you pay for .. and
nice to deal with ...

So .. its back to some fall driving ..

Jim Sailer 66 BJ8

Check out the new British Cars Forum: