BT7 Horn components and color

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: BT7 Horn components and color
From: MOWOGMAN@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 23:01:21 EDT
I have two quite nice HF1748 "Altette" horns for my '60 BT7, but need a few
items.
I could use one center plate, this is the 0.13" or so thick, flat disc that
is exposed on the front of the horn.  Also what is that made out of?, looks
to be a composite of some sort?  Abingdon Spares has them, has anyone used  one
of their's before?  Also could use one brass dome nut that holds the  disc on.
Also am in need of one mounting plate assy, this is the sort of "T" shaped
assemblage of two thin springy metal plates separated by a thicker plate with
round spacers on the horn side.

What color is correct here?, Roger and Gary's book refer to a light metalic
silver beige, which both of the horn bodies have completely intact, and is
rather nice looking.  The front ring, while very sound, has multiple paint
oversprays on them, and need to be re shot.

many thanks,

John

Check out the new British Cars Forum: