Warning

To: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Warning
From: "Ph.J.Aeckerlin" <j.aeckerlin@tiscali.nl>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 10:23:51 +0200
Friends,
I feel I better share my following experience with A-H owners,
especially in the UK and on the Continent.
Last year I purchased the Mechanical (AKD3523) and the Body (AKD3524)
Service Parts Lists from the U.K. Austin Healey Club Bookstore. 21
Pounds Sterling plus postage, but it was worth the money, I believed.

Recently I was in the position to check the contents of my books against
a listing of latest issues, and to my horror I discovered that out of
the 102 pages of AKD3523 only 7(seven!) were of the latest issue and of
the 93 plates only 42 were correct. More than 10 pages were missing
completely. With AKD 3524 the situation was better: 2 pages out of 74
and 2 plates out of 29 were either missing or incorrect.

I therefore wrote to the Bookshop Manager, explaining the shortcomings
in his supply, and requesting his suggestion on how to solve the
problem. After all I paid 21 Pounds Sterling in the expectation to
receive complete and up-to-date Manuals.

A few days ago I received the following undated hand-written reply on a
"With Compliments" slip:
Sorry book is no good - probably printed from an older version - if you
send it back I will refund the cost. All the best.
Unquote

Knowing the present cost of international postage, the cost of
international money transfer and the cost of changing the Pounds
Sterling into Euro's the solution offered by this person is highly
unrealistic and I can only warn members who are planning to buy such a
manual to avoid the U.K. Austin Healey Club Bookstore.

Jack Aeckerlin, The Netherlands
1964 BJ8 29432

Check out the new British Cars Forum: