RE: Car Speakers / Electronics Qs

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Car Speakers / Electronics Qs
From: "Healey" <healey@bradw.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 09:15:59 -0700
Alan,

The doohickey sounds like a passive bypass filter. Basically it keeps all
the low freq signal away from the tweeter and/or keeps all the high freq
signals away from the "woofer". The speakers run more efficiently that way.
I'd be looking for an all in one speaker replacement and reuse the box. Look
for a speaker that doesn't need to be vented/ported.

Brad