Re: Economy Run

To: Ken.Freese@Aerojet.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Economy Run
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 15:23:54 EDT
In a message dated 9/14/2004 3:07:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Ken.Freese@Aerojet.com writes:
I don't know what ton miles are.
----------------------------
Ken--

Here's a definition that I found online as applied to the Railroad industry.
I guess in this case it becomes a measure of how much "transportation energy"
each of the vehicles would deliver on a given amount of fuel, probably taking
into account the vehicles' varioui weights and fuel consumptions in mpg?

Best--Michael

.(Railroads) A unit of measurement of the freight transportation performed by
a railroad during a given period, usually a year, the total of which consists
of the sum of the products obtained by multiplying the aggregate weight of
each shipment in tons during the given period by the number of miles for which
it is carried.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: