RE: Choke cable nut (was: Grrrrr!!!!)

To: "'HoYo'" <hoyo@bellsouth.net>, davidwjones <davidwjones@cox.net>,
Subject: RE: Choke cable nut (was: Grrrrr!!!!)
From: Rizzo Steven D LtCol AETC/XPRU <Steven.Rizzo@RANDOLPH.AF.MIL>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 08:14:08 -0500
Due to my success in finding out how to do some of the maintenance on my
Healey from listers, I decided to see if there is an equivalent for my daily
ride Detroit iron.  Sure enough!  I found a "Pontiac Bonneville Forum" and
logged in.  Saw some interesting threads, etc.  THEN all of a sudden a few
days later my Bonneville starts falling apart all around me and I am faced
with some interesting problems.  Went to the forum and got great assistance
and the search engine was great, too.  Saved lots of dollars doing it myself
from the assistance I received.  For example - all of a sudden the automatic
climate control system went on the blink.  Forum members told me how to gain
access to the self diagnostic, figure out what component was "gone" and how
to fix it.  Ended up removing the entire dash panel etc to get to the part
to replace it, but ended up spending $45 instead of literally one thousand
plus for labor.  Replacing the black box took the entire labor day weekend
in pulling out the instrument panel, dashboard, transmission console,
dropping the steering column, etc. just to get to the box - and reassembly.
Prior to the listers I would have been "afraid" to tackle the modern
computer-driven vehicle.  Anyway, just thought I would share how these lists
and forums are great for 'new' vehicles, too, not just the old ones!
Stever