Re: fuelpump

To: "Kurt Leslie" <kansl@net1plus.com>, <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: fuelpump
From: "Bob Spidell" <bspidell@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 07:18:09 -0700
Kurt,

SU pumps are self-priming.  Can think of three possible problems:

1) blockage inside fuel tank
2) one or both of the valves in the pump were put in backwards
3) if pump is beating furiously but no flow there is an air leak somewhere
   (probably on the intake side)

bs
Bob Spidell         San Jose, CA        bspidell@pacbell.net

> Have recently rebuilt fuel pump for my 62 tri carb, never been run since
> purchase, used tech talk guide lines, operates but will not draw fuel.
> Line to tank clear.
> Does this pump need to be primed? Have hooked lines up using the out
> marking on top of pump as feed to carbs, any suggestions would be
> appreciated .Also thanks to those who responded to lower front valance
> question with pics and info was very helpful. I went to Stow but didn't
> get there until Sunday, but still saw some well done vehicles including
> one 62 award winner, and had lots of questions answered. Kurt L.
> Hubbardston Mass.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: