RE: caution on rear sway bar

To: "'Greg Wilkinson'" <gregwilkinson@adelphia.net>,
Subject: RE: caution on rear sway bar
From: "Freese, Ken" <Ken.Freese@Aerojet.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 07:39:17 -0700
Greg,
I have given my comments on rear sway bars before, but here goes again. I
had a rear ADDCO bar on my BJ8 and a bigger bar on the front. The
combination felt great on a banked freeway type on ramp. Then I resumed a
season of slaloming regularly. I spun so much, it was ridiculous. I took off
the rear bar. Later I asked Geoff Healey about a rear bar. "Heavens, why
would you want more rear roll stiffness?" I couldn't say why, just seemed
like a rear bar must be the hot ticket. The Huffaker Healey 3000 race car
had one, but then they could experiment with different sizes front and rear.
Maybe the Welch combination is well thought out, I don't know. I would
suggest reading Fred Puhn's book on How to Make Your Car Handle before
purchase.
Ken Freese
65 3000

-