Re: New California Smog regs on old cars

To: eantoine@calpine.com, healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: New California Smog regs on old cars
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 11:53:37 EDT
In a message dated 10/8/04 8:49:01 AM, eantoine@calpine.com writes:

> Gary,
> Do you think it would be possible to start a PAC, supported by car clubs and
> other interested individuals for the continued legislative support of our
> hobby? If so, any suggestions on how it could be started?
>
> EmilAntoine
> 916-608-3723

Unfortunately, there already is one, believe it or not. As far as I can
remember, a lobbyist in Sacramento, spotting a good thing some years ago,
approached the car clubs and became the official lobbyist. Once a year he
organizes a
car show on the capital lawn, but other than that he seems to be totally
ineffectual. I thought when Hagerty got involved they would make a difference,
but
it certainly didn't have much effect on this go-round.
Cheers
Gary

Check out the new British Cars Forum: