BN4 disc wheel brake setup

To: "Healey list" <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: BN4 disc wheel brake setup
From: "Martin Heim" <bn4@onlinehome.de>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 20:17:02 +0200
Hello listers,

I'm working on assembling the front wheel brakes of my BN4 with disk
wheels. There are quite some differnces in parts.
The springs I first ordered were completely wrong, now I ordered the
"correct" ones from Limorra here in Germany (the mother company of SC
Parts) but they do not work either. You can see a comparison picture
on http://www.hm-24.de/100_SIX_discwh.html. The BN4 springs don't
attach to a post on the backplate, they hook through a hole in the
backplate.
Now my questions: Shall I modify the new springs? I think I could
shorten the ends as necessary.
Can I order correct springs here over the pond somewhere? Any thoughts
on the springs?

Can someone send me some closeup pics of a complete front brake shoe
setup for the BN4 with disc wheels? The manual doesn't help me much
with that and it is a long time since I disassembled the brakes and
was too dumb to take more pictures.

Someone out there with a BN4 with disc wheels? Some pictures would be
nice, too.

Best regards

Martin
Germany