Re: Steering column (No Healey Content)

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Steering column (No Healey Content)
From: "John Rued" <rudedoggg@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 20:34:54 -0500
Absolutely no way are Bob and Doug to be denegraded for their comments.
That they had the guts to make their opinion known is something to be
admired.

I thought the same thing when I read about collapsible columms,  What's
next?  Anti-lock brakes?  Automatic safety lights? C'mon, guys.

It is true that these cars have inherent risks.  But instead of
significantly modifying  the car's inherent design, try a little risk
management:  Don't drive on the freeways during commute hours, don't drive
at 0200 on Sunday morning near a bar, don't play street racer with high
schoolers in rice rockets, wear a three/four/five-point restraint harness,
keep a fire extinguisher on board, etc., etc., etc.

Be aware of the risks, obviously.  But seriously consider what you are
doing.  Respect the car.  Respect your abilities.  Respect your environment.
You should be OK.

John Rued
53 BN1
62 BT7 (II)