"A" Pillar Orientation

To: "healey list" <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: "A" Pillar Orientation
From: "Bob, Kim, Rob, Bandit and Pepper" <thewalkers@qwest.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 19:12:03 -0700
Can anybody help with this?

I have the "A" pillar out of my little car.

Can anyone advise the correct angel at which the "A" pillars need to be
in relation to the side of the footwell?  That is,  if you look at the
vehicle from the side 90 deg from the main frame rails, does the "A"
pillar exist at a 90 deg angle to the main frame rails?  Or should it
exist at 90 deg from the sill?   Or at what angle from the footwell
sidewall?

On my little car the existing pillars tilt back, but the new Kilmartin
unit angles forward.  The old one is damaged, that is, what is not
rusted (and yes, on both sides, the poor little car is a true POS model).

It is a BN-7.

Your help is truly appreciated,

Best regards,
Bob Walker

P.S.  I am having trouble getting my money that I invested out if
Nigeria, so if you can help me send money to get it out, you will get
paid back 10 times.  (this is a joke)

Check out the new British Cars Forum: