Re: Another Gauge Question

To: healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Another Gauge Question
From: Blue One Hundred <international_investor@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 20:03:09 -0700 (PDT)
Dave -

The Gauges look pretty authentic to me:

http://www.gaugeguys.com/smiths/classicsmall.htm

Cheers,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8

"Malaney, David W" <DavidWMalaney@eaton.com> wrote:
On the subject of gauges. I notice in the gageguys.com web site that they
list "authentic" Smiths gages for sale. I think this means they (or someone)
make new Smiths gauges off of "original" prints(?) My questions: Are the
fuel and oil press/coolant temp gages direct replacements for the Healey
gages, or are they just close approximations, or are they not at all correct?
And, is the "magnolia" face they list the same color as the face on the early
Healey gauges (before the white letters on black face years)? Or, would I be
better served to purchase an old "original" gauge and send it out to Nisonger
for rebuilt/refurbish? I have a Mk1. Thanks for any info.

Dave

Check out the new British Cars Forum: