Chrome Powder Coating as good as Chrome?

To: healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Chrome Powder Coating as good as Chrome?
From: Brett Bonner <bbbonner@fedex.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 13:51:24 -0500
Hi - any opinions out there on chrome powder coating?  I've got lots of
small parts to re-chrome (gage bezels, handles, etc) and if the chrome
powder coating looks as good as what I've read - then perhaps it's the way
to go.  It is much more attractive to remove a chrome part like a hand brake
lever, sand blast it, coat it, and put it right back on after cooling.  A
day job instead of a month of waiting - not to mention the cost involved.

Opinions out there????

Check out the new British Cars Forum: