Re: Painting sequence and other questions

To: "John Loftus" <loftusdesign@cox.net>, <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Painting sequence and other questions
From: "Kevin" <krogers@new.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 12:27:45 -0500
What position should the frame be supported when fitting the body without
running gear and drivetrain.

My assumption is under the spring contact surface in the front and between
the two leaf spring mounting points in the rear.

I am planning to refit the body before the chassis goes away for coating in
order to make any adjustments needed. It has been my impression that this is
the order that restorers use.

Will the gaps be substantially different with the drive train in place if I
have rough fit them with out?

In reference to Johns original question. With my shop helpers being 3 and 5
years old exterior paint will be the last thing done.