Re: Tire price skimping.

To: "62bt7" <62bt7@prodigy.net>, <modifiedhealeys@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: Re: Tire price skimping.
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 17:58:41 -0500
I am sure the $35 dollar tires you can get for your Healey now are much
better than the tires they came with orginally, the only reason you can get
165/15s cheap is they came on Volkswagon bugs, so there is still somewhat of
a market.

I do not think one is taking ones life in there own hands or uneccesary
risks by buying the lower priced tires, all ttires or at leat the type are
tested by the DOT I believe.

Probably a lot more testing and safety than many of the small run
manufacture suspension pieces we buy (remember the kingpin recal of a few
years back).

Greg Lemon
54 BN1

I have Firestones on my car they were about $39 and work fine.