Re: spin on oil filter

To: "Robert Westcott" <westcotc@earthlink.net>, <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: spin on oil filter
From: "Bluechipracing" <bluechipracing@snet.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 08:27:52 -0500
Rob:  Look at the illustration entitled "Engine Oil Circulation" on Page S3
of the factory shop manual.  It shows the direction of flow from engine to
filter through the bottom hole.  Return to engine via the top hole.  You
would need to look at the spin-on adaptor to determine whether it is outside
to inside or otherwise.
I would be surprised if someone would have designed a spin-on adaptor which
would direct the oil flow in the wrong direction through the filter.
......but....I have been surprised before!

Jim