12V POSITIVE Earth alternator

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>, <spritemann@hotmail.com>
Subject: 12V POSITIVE Earth alternator
From: "spritemann" <spritemann@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 18:48:59 -0600
Dear List:

I have found a shop in Ohio that will make me a 12v Positive ground alternator
that I am considering for use in my BN2.

Have any of you ever installed one?  I've done a 12v Negative ground
conversion on my Sprite, and I would imagine that the process would be the
same (and easier) but I thought I'd ask the list for advice too.

This facility makes custom alternators primarily for Model A's and T's, but
they'll make one for me with the correct armature shaft diameter, in positive
ground and with the correct rotation direction.  I can use my stock pulley
this way as I'm still using the wide pulleys and belt.

Thanks for your input.

Curt
1956 BN2 "BCFH"

Curtis L. Carlson
MAHC Membership Director/Newsletter Publisher
PO Box 6844
Minneapolis, MN  55406-0844
spritemann@hotmail.com www.mnhealey.com

Participate in Democracy.

"In the end, we will not so much remember the words of our enemies,
but the silence of our friends."  Martin Luther King, Jr.