Jerome Az hillclimbs

To: list <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Jerome Az hillclimbs
From: Bill <wjpollock@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 17:01:10 -0500
Last week while in Sedona Az,I left the wife shopping one afternoon and
went over to Jerome.  Went to the small Az Mining Mus. in Jerome where
they show a short movie of the history of Jerome.    Towards the end of
the movie there is about a 45 second  segment showing ,"The Jerome
Hillclimb Races" from the early 60s.  They went from Cottonwood up the
mountain onto  Main St  in Jerome.  In the short segment there's a
Porsche that fishtails up Main St almost taking out the Marshall at the
finish and a Volvo P444 that takes out a sidewalk guard rail.  Than
there are two AHs,one red and white and the other I think all red that
do power slides onto Main St.   What a sight.

Did anyone on the list run in these hillclimbs? Be interesting to hear
your stories.

Bill Pollock
Old Saybrook CT