Re: Bigger Tires & Steering Effort

To: "healeylist" <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Bigger Tires & Steering Effort
From: "Bob Spidell" <bspidell@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 21:18:37 -0800
John,

I went from 165R15s to 185/70R15s and don't recall noticing any
big change in steering effort ... but that was probably 18 years ago
so who knows (maybe I was stronger then ;).

The only clearance problem is some rubbing of the outside rear
tire on a really hard corner ... the inside sidewall of the tire can rub
against the rebound box mounting bolt heads in the wheel well due
to body roll.

bs
Bob Spidell         San Jose, CA        bspidell@pacbell.net