Remembrance Day

To: BATANS LIST <members@batans.ca>
Subject: Remembrance Day
From: "M.E. & E.A. Driver" <edriver@sasktel.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 09:58:21 -0600
Hi Folks

Hopefully we all time time to stand and remember those who have provided
us the freedom and all that flows from it.  Here in Canada and much of the
Commonwealth it is Remembrance Day in the US Veterans Day.

As a kid growing up in southwest Manitoba I had neighbours who saw
action at Dieppe, North Africa and Holland.  Amongst my colleagues in
the Canadian Wildlife Service were Canadians who served in the RAF
out of places such as Ceylon.

Some of my teenage friends served as Peace keepers in the model that
Lester Pearson brought to the UN  as did undergraduate classmates who
entered the three branches of the Canadian Armed Forces.

To all these and to all the others who provide for those freedoms
we seem to take for granted -thank you.

Kind regards
Ed