Re: "Your Mileage May Vary"

To: Jwhlyadv@aol.com
Subject: Re: "Your Mileage May Vary"
From: "M.E. & E.A. Driver" <edriver@sasktel.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 21:30:28 -0600
Hi Jim

First of all converting your average highway mileage to imperial measure
you average 22.8 mpg at highway speed. At 70 to 73 mph I average 24.8
mpg  but on straight  city driving I average 14.8 to 15.5 mpg.  The pronounced
drop in efficiency is due to two items, foremost I have a  DWR  road/rally
cam and secondly the timing  may be a wee bit off because of a series of issues
Chris Dimmock addressed on distributors.  Before I rebuilt the engine and
changed many of the components on an 1900 mile trip primarily at highway
speeds I averaged  26.2 mpg  - standard BJ8 cam while city driving albeit
limited was 16.5 to 16.9 mpg

Kind regards
Ed
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan