Overdrive removal

To: "Healeys" <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Overdrive removal
From: "Don" <don@anglesey.us>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 11:59:29 -0800
Can the overdrive be removed without removing the transmission from the
bell housing?  I have all of the electrical parts of the overdrive
working and solenoid is activating correctly.  I have re-set the small
ball according to the manual but still have no OD.  My next step is
checking the pressure; does anyone recall who has the gauge already made
up and available for purchase?  The overdrive has never been engaged
since the car was purchased in 72 and I am thinking that it would be
better to just tear it apart from the transmission in the car if
possible.  The article in Healey Manqui by Norm was extremely helpful in
explaining what is going on inside that little box.  Any thoughts or
suggestions on the easiest way to proceed?
Don
57 BN4