Re: BN2 overdrive and parts list question

To: "Bert Van Brande" <bertvanbrande@yahoo.com>, <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: BN2 overdrive and parts list question
From: "David Ward" <david@bighealey.ltd.uk>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 08:35:03 -0000
Hello Bert,
All Laycock-de-Normanville model "A" overdrive units are the same be it
Jaguar,Triumph,Rover or yes, even Austin Healey. The annulus housings may
vary for the location of the mountings also the solenoid housings may vary.
If you require just the body unit contact me I have quite a lot of these.
You may use the transmission from a 100/6 or a early 3000 on your BN2 , you
will need to fit the BN2 bellhousing due to the mechanical clutch.
You will also need to cut off roughly three quarters of an inch from the
imput shaft as the later gearboxes are longer than that of the BN2.
Good luck.
Regards.
David.
www.bighealey.ltd.uk