Spitting back through carb - BN1

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Spitting back through carb - BN1
From: "Peter Linn" <greylinn@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 15:06:20 +1000
For a while now my BN1 - based car has been spitting back through the rear
carb. This happens for rather longer than you would expect on a cold engine -
it usually only needs choke to start, & seems to run OK at all speeds, but
there is the occasional spit-back, through the rear carb only, until the motor
is really up to temperature. This seems to be mostly on a light throttle. The
carbs are pretty well set up I think (H6s) using carb balancer & lift pins.
The plugs look OK and are consistent across the cylinders. The carb spindles
are getting a bit worn but the front is worse than the rear in this respect.
Timing is set with a strobe but I'm not 100% certain of the total advance.

Any ideas?

Peter Linn
Brisbane Oz
BN1 Ward Special coupe