Re: /Garage Heat

To: "Dave Carpenter" <d.carpenter7@verizon.net>,
Subject: Re: /Garage Heat
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 11:13:07 -0500
I have the same arrangement. -A portable propane burner, 80,000 btu. I have a
freestanding uninsulated 2 car garage. It heats the space in a snap, but the
tools and the parts take quite a bit longer.
The one drawback is the formation of condensation on the cold metal as the
heat rises in the garage. -Also the unit puts out a considerable roar. I have
also been told to have at least one (2 windows are better) window open, as the
oxygen consumption of the unit is large. Overall the arrangement is effective
and relatively inexpensive to run.

David W. Jones
'62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
Cumberland, RI USA