oilpressure

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: oilpressure
From: "Kurt Leslie" <kansl@net1plus.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 17:25:47 -0500
I had my bt7 engine rebuilt during my restoration, had never heard
engine run prior to restoration new oil pump with re-build. When started
I had no oil pressure for 1-2 min then pressure jumped up to about 65
lbs, about 45 when engine was warm using 20/50 castrol, although I
understand 20/60 is recommended. Upon starting car there was always a
lag time for the oil pressure guage to work, but looking at the rockers
there appears to be plenty of oil reaching the rockers. After sitting
for two months the guage does not function at all, but still oil at the
rockers. When installing the guage I replaced the flexable portion of
the guage line but it has occurred to me that I did not check or clean
the rigid metal ljne before installation. Could this be the problem or
just a faulty guage?  Kurt L.  Mass The car had previously stored since
1972