Re: Low oil pressure

To: healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Low oil pressure
From: Paul Baker <paulbaker51@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 15:48:12 +0000 (GMT)
Bill/Ken/Jerry

Many thanks for all your responses on this topic.

I know the rocker arm wear was viewed as negligible at rebuild but the Cam
bearings were not changed even though the cam was - I don't know why.  I
suspect a change of cam could introduce a wider tolerance and will discuss this
with the rebuilder.

On the subject of the filter, I have a spin-on filter on this car so should not
have the problem Bill described.  However, one area I am considering is that I
changed the brand of filter I use.  Prior to the rebuild, I used the Mann
(German origin) filters but changed to the Unipart Premium (GFE 22) filter as
sold by D Welch and SC Parts.   Anyone have any views in these products?

I will be checking the oil pressure release valve and spring as although it was
not touched during the rebuild something may have affected its operation in
some way.

I realise I should have titled this email 'Lower oil pressure' as some have
wondered what the problem is in the first place with the figures I gave.  I
suppose its a matter of expectation.  I was expecting the oil pressure to at
least stay the same or have a marginal increase, rather than the reduction I
have now.

Hopefully will get to the bottom of this without resorting to another rebuild!!

Paul

INSPTWO@msn.com wrote:
Paul:
This may sound stupid, but it happens more than people want to admit. Check all
the rings, etc from your oil filter. A missing or wrongly placed item in that
#^&*filter holder has caused numerous folks to have their oil presssure drop.
Regards,
Bill
BJ7