Trivia

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Trivia
From: "John Snyder" <helyjohn@cablespeed.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 19:02:37 -0800
Hello List,

Here is a trivia question for you.  I'm doing a ground up restoration of
tri-carb, 2 seat BN7 HBN7L-14494.  One of the early tri-carbs.  I bought this
car totally disassembled, but it is remarkedly complete.  We actually picked
the chassis up and carried it onto my trailer.  I have no real history on this
car, just a bunch of half remembered stories.  For those of you on the West
Coast, this is Wayne Brown's old car.  Anyone w/ a complete story is very
welcome to contact me off list.

Included w/ all the stuff that came w/ it was a set of tail pipes, new, never
installed, w/ a paper "SEARS" sticker on them.  When was the last time Sears
sold Healey exhaust systems?

Apparently this car was disassembled in the late 70s or early 80s.  There were
a few new parts and many used parts, including an engine that "had been
rebuilt by a famous Healey race engine mechanic, but he died in a plane crash,
so you can't talk to him", but there was no paper work to prove that.  I just
assumed that this was the same guy who built the Brooklyn bridge when I bought
the car, and I was right.

If you have any info, please contact me off List.

John Snyder