RE: Replacement BJ8 Rear Window

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Replacement BJ8 Rear Window
From: "Peter Ryner" <pryner@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 19:02:57 -0500
Although there are many ways to just replace the window my experience has
been that normally when the window breaks the top is not far behind.  You
may get another year out of the top depending on how often you use it, but
after that you will end up replacing the whole top.  If you are having
difficulty snapping the snaps, streching the top etc., it is probably "false
economy" as my LBC books state, to just replace the window unless you have a
high end top with plenty of wear left.  Recommend you take an honest
assessment of the old top looking at the seams, snap placement, stiffness of
the fabric etc.  If you're lucky enough to just have a bad window due to the
cold then press with the replacement.