Re: Misc correctness questions

To: "Tracy Drummond" <bighealey@charter.net>, <Healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Misc correctness questions
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 20:33:38 -0500
Tracy,
You don't say what series you have but can I assume from the mention about
the thermo carbs that you must have an early either BN7 or BT7 fitted with
the temp. sensor and thermo enriching carb system? I will assume same. See
below......

Subject: Misc correctness questions

> Lots of misc questions.
>
> Are the copper heater pipes (elbow on left, return across top) supposed to
> be painted engine green?

Yes.

> Also I have seen manifolds painted engine green is this correct?

Yes. They prepainted as much of the engine assembly as possible before it
went into the car.

> What color vacumme tubes for thermo carbs supposed to be?

Just black plastic....I think. They probably would have been installed when
carbs were bolted on.

> The capillary tube for temp sensor goes onto the heater return pipe clips.
> What to do with all the extra length on this?

An extra couple of turns of extra length about 2 1/2 " diameter was coiled
at the back of the manifold area just before it went through the firewall.

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Tracy

You're welcome.
Rich Chrysler