Re: BJ8 (Smiths) Water Temperature And Oil Pressure Gauge.

To: sbyers@ec.rr.com, healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: BJ8 (Smiths) Water Temperature And Oil Pressure Gauge.
From: GLWilkieAlaska@aol.com
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 19:33:06 EST
Hi Steve,

Thank you very much for your response, it is somewhat of a relief.

A gentleman from the U.K. also said that he thought that it is correct,
although you are the first BJ8 owner to give a positive I.D.

The restorer said "take a look at any 3000" to compare, but they are few and
far between up here in Anchorage.

The impression that I have gained from the various responses, is that the
black paper ring only applies to "later" Smiths Oil / Water gauges. The
restorer
made a point of quoting GD1301 / 02 with his response to my query.

According to my BJ7 and BJ8 Parts manual, the gauge underwent a Part Number
change at (C)25315, so maybe that defines "later" Oil / Water gauges?

Thanks again.

Graham Wilkie.
HBJ8L / 32382