Distributor rebuilder

To: <Healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Distributor rebuilder
From: "Ron Fine" <RonFineEsq@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 09:10:51 -0800
Hello list.  I started to reinstall my distributor (DM6A  #406620) into my
rebuilt engine yesterday only to discover that the Vacuum Unit is not
working.  Everything seemed to be working OK when I took it off last year
but I guess the diaphragm has rotted away while lying on the shelf.  Moss
Motors catalog says the vacuum unit is not available for this model but does
list a vacuum unit for the 25D6 distributor.  Interestingly, the picture of
the vacuum unit in the Moss catalog for the 25D6 distributor looks just like
the one installed  on my DM6A.  The question is if these vacuum units were
interchangeable.  Can I put the vacuum unit listed for the 25D6 into my DM6A
distributor?

And if not, do you have any suggestions for where to get my distributor
rebuilt by a professional who would have the correct parts?
There is no noticeable wobble in the shaft and the springs and weights might
be old but seem to move freely.
Thanks for any advise.
Ron