Re: Interior: 64 BJ 8

To: Broc07940@netscape.net, healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Interior: 64 BJ 8
From: Blue One Hundred <international_investor@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 17:59:49 -0800 (PST)
Ted -

Removing the dash is easiest if it is done in one
piece.  First remove the centre aremrest.

Then remove the center console... this is
straightforward... four machine screws under the dash
and one screw on the back on the tunnel.

Then unbolt the metal brackets that attach the dash to
the left and right foot wells.  I think there is only
on bolt that you have to undo here.

Then remove the instruments from the dash (except for
the temp guage - this is removed by unscrewing the
sensor from the motor and feeding the capillary tube
through the firewall and through the dash).

Once all this stuff is out, there is a little machine
nut that you have to undo from the center of each wood
piece - it is located at the top of the dash wood
piece (in the center of each piece) behind the dash.
You can locate the one behind the glovebox - when you
look in the glovebox there should be a notch cut out
of the top of the glovebox right in the center - using
your fingers you can feel the little nut and bolt.
Undo the nut.  There is exactly the same thing on the
other side behind the dash between the tach and
speedo.

Finally remove the bracket which holds the back of the
glovebox to the heater air channel in the footwell.

Once you've done all this... simply remove the
electrical switches, and then you can simply pull the
whole dash assembly out.

Hope that helps,

Cheers,

Alan