RE: Brakes

To: "'Ben Prince'" <blprince2@comcast.net>,
Subject: RE: Brakes
From: "Michael Salter" <michaelsalter@rogers.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 16:11:37 -0500
Hi Ben,
One thing which can cause the problem that you have encountered is a lack of
free play in the master cylinder push rod.
When the master cylinder is assembled and installed correctly if you fill
the reservoir with fluid, and open all or any bleed screws, fluid should
eventually start to dribble out of the open bleed screw. This is one of the
best ways to bleed brakes, if you have the time, because it completely
eliminates aeration of the fluid.
Check that push rod. If you do not have clearance and you do eventually
manage to bleed the system somehow the brakes will eventually lock on as a
result of fluid expansion.

Michael Salter
www.precisionsportscar.com