I need a measurement

To: "Healey list" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: I need a measurement
From: "Rick Neves" <Rick@genomictechnologies.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 15:23:40 -0500
I'm installing the convertible top to my 100-4 but during the restoration I
had to replace the inner rear fender panels and so there are no holes on the
panel to mount the top frame and I need to drill them. There was very little
left of the original metal in these areas so that was no help in getting the
correct hole positions either.

There are three holes on each side to mount the frame and the holes go right
through the inner fender panels right around the where the gussets that
support the door latch are located.

I have installed the top and connected up a couple of the lift-the-dot
catches and fastened the top to these and the windshield. Then I lifted the
top frame until the top itself is taught. I have a relative idea of where
the holes should be drilled but I would like a second opinion.

I would like someone to take a measurement of where the top hole (or one of
the top holes forward or back) in respect to the top of the fender and from
the front leading edge of the panel. I know this will be tough because there
is a lot of fabric, armacord and the cockpit surround so some guessing will
have to be done. Measure from the center of the hole and to the edge of the
metal that the hole is in. I don't have any molding or armacord installed so
I can't account for that yet.

Mine is looking to be around 4.5 inches from the top edge of the inner
fender. The side to side is more subjective. From page 35 in Clausager it
looks to be slightly more back from the center point on the panel.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sincerely

Rick Neves
'56 BN-2