Re: OT UK faxing

To: "Freese, Ken" <Ken.Freese@Aerojet.com>
Subject: Re: OT UK faxing
From: John Harper <AH@jharper.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 17:19:21 +0000
Ken

There is nothing particular about this for the UK. The principle applies
to all international calls made throughout the world.

Many will know what I am about to say and I hope that they will not mind
me repeating it. Most, if not, all countries have both an exit and entry
code. The entry code for the UK is 44. If you dial +44 you are then
straight in at the UK national level so you do not need the '0' that we
have to use. Most countries use the '+' as an exit code which is
substituted in the calling country with the appropriate number. This
means that you don't have to remember exit codes as you move around the
world to ring 'home'. There may be exceptions to this so it is worth
making a mental note as you might have to look up locally the
international exit code and dial this rather than +.

All the best

--
John Harper