Re:

To: "David Schweninger" <quenty@ntelos.net>, <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re:
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 15:33:19 -0500
Dave,
The fuel pump mounts directly to the heelboard on the right side of the car
(behind the r.h. seat). Two bolts pass through the steel bulkhead into the
pump body. There is no in between mounting bracket used here. The bolt heads
are covered by the rear floor/heelboard carpets which are not glued but stay
loose here with the 2 carpet snaps holding the carpet in position on the
floor and the upper rear edge of the carpet held by compression under the
flange at the top of the heel board.
The battery hold down rods are J shaped on the bottom. They go down through
the steel pans and and hook into shallow recesses on the under side of the
mounting brackets. Flat washers and wing nuts are used at the top where the
rods go through the holes in the wings of the pattery case. Do not
overtighten the wing nuts or you'll split the battery case. Just snug them
up so the battery can't move around.
Rich Chrysler